Back pain is not disease, it is symptom may occur from different process.
Back pain is pain felt in the back that usually originates from the muscles, nerves, bones, joints or other structures in the spine.
Even though back pain can affect people of any age, it is significantly more common among adults aged between 35 and 55 years. Back pain is second only to upper respiratory conditions as the stated cause of work loss.
CAUSES FOR BACK PAIN :
- common cause for back pain is injury to the muscles ,bones nerves of the spine
- degeneration of the vertebral bones , discs known as lumbar spondylosis.spondylosis occurs due to loosing moisture in central portion of the disc known as nucleus pulposum.
- disc herniation:nerve root syndromes are those that produce nerve compression due to herniation /bulging of the disc developed due to degeneration,or over strain or due to injury.disc prolapsed pushes against the nerve root.
- Infections of the spine ex osteomylitis,tb spine
- Cauda equine syndrome: It is a medical emergency where the spinal cord is directly compressed.this causes possible loss of sensation , paralysis ,bladder disfunction.
- Congenital anomalies ex scoliosis,defect in spine curvature,spina bifida.
- ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS.
- Tumours of the Spine
OTHER CAUSES WHICH REFERS BACK PAIN
- Kidney Stones
- Pelvic Inflammatory diseases
RISK FACTORS FOR BACK PAIN
- Age above 50 yrs ,as age advances degeneration of discs will be there, causes back pain
- People who do not exercise.
- Over strain like lifting wts,bending , sitting for long hours.
- Over Weight or Obesity.
- People who do not maintain proper posture in their daily activities .
- People who do not take proper diet like low calcium low vitamin-D.
- Women after child birth/ pregnancy
SYMPTOMS AND SIGNS OF BACK PAIN
- Pain in lower portion of the spine
- Pain may radiate down the front back of the leg due herniated disc . this condition called as sciatica pain.this condition called as radiculopathy
- Numbness in leg.
- In severe compression of spinal cord /spinal canal stenosis neurological symptoms seen this condition called as myelopathy
- Myelopathy we see paralysis of the limb,bladder dysfunction leads to incontinence of urine and stool
- Difficulty in walking
MANAGEMENT IN CHRONIC BACK PAIN
- Avoid overstrain like lifting weights, bending forward
- Maintaning good posture during daily activities
- Avoid travelling for long distances
- Wearing lumbo sacral belt which gives support to the back
- Applying hot cool pads over the pain area.
- Taking proper diet rich in vitamin sd, calcium ,vitamin b12 , omega 3 fatty acids.
Certain risk factors increase your chances of developing back pain. These include:
- Unless you are totally immobilized from a back injury, your doctor probably will examine your range of motion and nerve function and touch yourbody to locate the area of discomfort.
- Blood and urine tests may be done to determine if the pain is caused by an infection or other systemic problem.
- X-rays are useful in pinpointing broken bones or other skeletal defects. They can sometimes help locate problems in connective tissue. To analyze soft-tissue or disc damage, computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans may be needed. X-rays and imaging studies are generally used to confirm your symptoms and the exam results to identify the source of pain. Scans are also utilized in cases of direct trauma to the back, back pain with fever, or weakness or numbness in the limbs. To determine possible nerve or muscle damage, an electromyogram (EMG) may be ordered.
Backache or back pain is a symptom rather than a single entity of the weakening Immune system of the body which otherwise was not able to cope up for the wear and tear of increased demands. Right Homeopathic treatment at Dr. MAHESH PAGADALA's Homoeopathy accounts the required corrections to revert the immune system back to normalcy which in turn solves the issue of backache. The deranged metabolism is set right by Homeopathic doses supplementing for the required energy provided from natural food and sunlight which is needed for repair. Associated disease complexities are wiped out by regular Homeopathic treatment, conditionally.