Piles or Hemorrhoids are actually, distended veins in the anal canal. Veins tend to stretch under pressure. When veins in the lower part of the rectum or anus stretch, swell or descend in to the anal canal, i.e. when they prolapse or protrude in to the canal they are considered as Piles/Hemorrhoids. Some other factors which contribute to the prolepses of the veins are Constipation, leading to straining while passing stool, pregnancy, weakening of the muscles supporting the veins due to ageing etc.
- Bleeding from the anus after defecation (passing stool) during defecation during and after defecation usually without pain but in some conditions with pain.
- Protrusion of a mass from the anal canal (can be felt digitally).
Piles can develop because of increasing pressure in the veins of the lower part of the rectum and anus. This increasing pressure can be due to various reasons like
- Straining during chilled birth
- Lifting heavy weights over a long period
- Sitting or standing for a long time
- Chronic constipation accompanied with straining to evacuate the bowels
- Repeated diarrhea and dysentery
- A habit of suppressing the urge to defecate
- Inherited tendency to develop Hemorrhoids / Piles.
Homeopathic treatment for Piles Treatment
Homeopathic medicines relieve symptoms associated with it such as pain, bleeding, itching, etc. it happens without invasion or surgery of any kind. Moreover, the condition has high relapse rate following surgical treatment, since surgery does not target the root causes like genetic tendencies, habitual constipation, etc. Homeopathic medicines work at the root level and can modify these genetic tendencies thus reducing chances of relapse and recurrence of the condition significantly